September 6, 2012

Thank God for Mrs. Paige


September 6th, 2012: This picture was added a few days after this post and is us at a hotel during our  anniversary during a PC evacuation drill. We didn't get to celebrate exactly how we had hoped but were happy to see our friends.

Typically when looking back on life it seems to be moving at a comfortable pace. Recently as a volunteer for Peace Corps in Indonesia there have been many conversations about how fast or slow the time here has been, and I still feel like it has been just right. What is the old idiom, “Time flies when you are having fun”? In that case today September 6th, 2012 marks 3 wonderful years of marriage, and man how it has flown.
It started with a small conversation and a beautiful girl at a young adults Church gathering and quickly turned into a kayaking adventure in Fiji. Now, years later with that beautiful girl has the same thrill. I still get butterflies in my stomach from excitement when Paige comes home from school, or when the week is winding down and we cook a meal together. She gives me the balance and love that I cannot create on my own. At the same time she gives me the outlet and support to explore and be creative. This is one of the main reasons Paige became the love of my life, as many of you may know my brain can be corky at times. Without a doubt Paige thinks the same way you have or would around me at times, but the difference is she not only manages but loves me for it. For that I feel as fortunate and blessed.
Some of my students recently wrote love letters for an assignment. Although there English understanding is limited they know love and are clever enough to figure out how to express their feelings. I was impressed how clear their broken English was and then I thought about the love Paige and I have for each other. Love is not just a word or a feeling you can rationally or mentally understand but instead something that is formed inside of us. I have and will continue to thank God for placing Paige in my life and revealing the love inside of me. 
Mrs. Paige, Peace, Pige, Pixs you rock my world! 
To another year of growing closer in Christ-- Daniel

*Hover over pictures for captions

 
 

 
 
 

No comments: